While pesto is typically made using basil, which can also be grown with Tower Garden, this recipe calls for some delicious, freshly picked spinach. With the exception of pine nuts, this recipe utilizes a lot of ingredients you probably have inside your pantry or refrigerator. So whip out your blender, assemble the ingredients listed below, and get cooking!
- 3 cups spinach (can also use basil, arugula, or any greens!)***
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt Pinch of pepper
- ½ cup olive oil ½ lemon
***Clip fresh from your Tower Garden
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the spinach, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and pulse until well combined, but not totally smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Store in a jar and keep refrigerated.