Sheet pan dinners are great for the weeknight because they require minimal clean-up, and you can cook a lot of food all at once! Use a few of your peppers to create this fun and healthy meal from The Defined Dish.
From The Defined Dish
Not only are these Mini Pepper Chicken “Nachos” healthier than traditional nachos, but they also taste better, too! Whether it be for a weeknight meal or when you are hosting friends over for game day, these little guys are sure to impress you and your guests. So easy, full of flavor, and absolutely delicious! Enjoy these Mini Pepper Chicken “Nachos”!
*I used the leftover crockpot chicken taco mixture I had, to stuff my mini peppers, so I only used 1 lb. of mini peppers. If you are only using the taco mixture to make the nachos and are serving a larger group, you could easily stuff 3 lbs. of mini bell peppers. 1 lb. of mini peppers makes approximately 25 “nachos”.
- *1 – 3 lbs. mini bell peppers (see above note)
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Cilantro, for topping
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat Ingredients:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 16oz. jar of salsa picante (about 2 cups)
- 15oz. can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of water OR chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
1. Cook Chicken Taco Meat in the Crockpot all day: Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts and place them in the bottom of the crockpot. Now add the seasonings (salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, cayenne), the garlic, the jar of salsa, and the black beans, and 1/4 cup of water or broth to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook and low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. When cooking time is complete, or when chicken is cooked through and tender, using two forks shred the chicken breasts. Then, add the frozen corn. Stir until well combined. Cover and keep the crockpot on “warm” for at least 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Slice the ends of each mini bell pepper and slice in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and ribs and press each half open so the peppers are as flat as possible. Arrange close together in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
4.Generously stuff the mini pepper slices with the crockpot chicken taco mixture. sprinkle with cheese.
5. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven, top with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Thank you The Defined Dish, awesome recipe!