A simple change
Let's buddy up to start a shared health journey and push each other to better habits and overall well-being goals. I've been interested in health and nutrition most of my life, but I've also fallen prey to cycles of low energy due to lack of exercise, bad choices, and careless eating. I lost my discipline many years ago.
I've owned and operated my furniture retail business for 20 years. Relentless in nature and not allowing time for me. It can be demanding on my body and spirit. Schlepping sofas and heavy boxes, assembling, creating my electronic tools, keeping up to date with the industry, blogging... and thinking way too much, is no life, fun, but the other aspect of 'me' are also necessary to keep it all going. You can probably relate. Something's gotta give. With this site, I intend to get back on track with my health to find balance in life and career, so I can continue to enjoy optimally what I have accomplished in so many years of hard work. Join me in the adventure. Some simples steps can get us back on a health groove. It should be inspiring and fun. Please feel free to share in the comments below, what changes you have made to improve the optimization of your well-being.
- The most basic start is changing the way you eat. Fruits and vegetables are the foundation. Learning how to appreciate the incredibly diverse plant kingdom and incorporate more plants in your diet, starts you in the right path. You can eventually learn how to grow your own food at home and get your family involved every step of the way.
- Next step is eliminating processed foods completely. In a sense, you want to detoxify from industrialized foods, and eat as close as nature as possible. This is easy, you just have to switch your mindset a bit-- if it comes in a box, you know it's not food.
- Another important point is reducing your sugar intake, or anything that converts to sugar, like your carbs. I know, that one is maybe the hardest, as sugar is so addictive! But you'll start to feel better and more awake, as you change your metabolism. Incorporating more plants, or plant carbs is the way to go, as well as adding your protein. So your PP's, plants and proteins is the goal. If your diet is mostly based on carbs and processed foods, try to reduce that category to a 15-30%. It'll make a huge difference.
- If you can, set yourself to monitor your progress week by week to note your changes.
- Last but not least, to move! If you've become sedentary during these crazy and challenging times--we all have--really make an effort to add some sunlight, fresh air and movement! Create a routine around this activity on a daily basis, and the time that works best for you.
Check out the Juice Plus+ products, as they are an awesome way to start you and your family on the path to consuming more fruits and vegetables. The capsules, and chewables are perfect. Juice Plus+ is whole food nutrition, made from the pulp of freshly harvested fruits and vegetables. Nothing like it in the market.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published